We are pleased to announce the completion of construction of the Trailwinds Apartments, located in Garden City, Idaho. This is the culmination of our first development effort with VCD, LLC and is Northwest’s fourth new construction development project. The 64 units offered at this location provide much needed affordable housing inventory in the Boise-Nampa Metro Area.
A Groundbreaking Ceremony was held September 25, 2014 and final construction completion was achieved in December 2015. The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony held December 3, 2015 recognized our business partners for their contributions to the success of this project.
Garden City’s Mayor John Evans spoke at this celebratory event. The cooperative efforts by the City of Garden City were instrumental in the success of this project! Other business partners who contributed to the success include:
- Garden City Urban Renewal Agency (provided Tax Increment Financing)
- Idaho Housing and Finance Association (awarded the Low Income Housing Tax Credits)
- Boston Capital (Syndicator for the Low Income Housing Tax Credits)
- KeyBank (Construction Lender)
- Greystone (Perm Lender)
- DL Evans Bank (Bridge Lender for the Tax Increment Financing)
- Private Donation to Northwest which is long term soft debt to the project
- Hutchinson Smith Architects
- Village Builders
Here at Northwest Real Estate Capital Corp., we are proud to have a share in providing such quality affordable and energy efficient housing!
Thank you to all who shared in making the construction of Trailwinds Apartments a success!